Friday, January 14, 2011

Resolutions?

So did you make any New Year's resolutions?

I did.

And... I'm proud to say I'm still going strong with them.  Sure... it's only two weeks in... but it's ALREADY two weeks in!

1st: Make couponing a priority.
I'm pretty sure you've noticed.  I've clipped and printed more coupons this month than I think I did all last year.  I've also used more coupons this month than I did all last year. I've tried a new way of couponing with my binder and it's working great.
2nd: Brush my teeth twice a day.
Yeah.  Sad, I know.  But... I got into a very bad habit when I went to college.  I would brush my teeth in the morning and usually before I went out for drinks.  Keyword... usually.  Now, with that being said, since being out of school I was only brushing 100% in the morning.  Each and every morning and then once in awhile at night before going out.  Yeah... Rut.  Well... I've started back to "where it all began".  Morning and bedtime.  And it feels good.  And being that #1 resolution is helping with toothpaste costs I can't complain about it!
3rd: Blog more often.
I'm pretty sure you may have noticed an up swing in blog posts from me.  I think my mojo is back :)
4th: Get organized.
I'm an organized person.  Anyone who use to work with me could tell you about my desk.  But when it comes to my house... where there is more than just me putting things away (or moving things around I should say) it's pretty unorganized.  So... I've decided to take back the house.  Get this place back into tip top shape.
5th: Remove email address from news letters that I don't read.
Pretty self explanatory, but still needs some working on.  I get a TON of emails each and every day. in MULTIPLE accounts.  I want to get down to maybe just two accounts by 2012.  One that is my main account, and another that is for specific things.  Seriously... a TON of emails.  Do I read all of them.... heck no.  I've signed up to win a prize or a coupon or for a news feed that I thought interested me that no longer does.  It's time to remove those from my life.  They're just taking up time and energy.

I think that's it.  There are a few things I'd like to accomplish before the calendar turns to 2012... let's see if I can get them done.
  • Paint the kitchen.
  • Create a stockpile space and fill it with great finds.
  • Go through my piles of magazines and take the information I want and dispose of the magazines.
  • Install pull out shelving in my kitchen.
  • Finish my project (the hutch).
  • Find a way to configure the laundry room so that it works better.
So what are/were your New Year's resolutions?  Leave me a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment