Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Today...

Well after work today I got to wondering about bills.... yeah... that evil word. I haven't had a really good system - ever. I've tried things and failed. Many things.

Does anyone have a fool proof way for paying your bills? How do you organize? Yeah the OCD is kicking in 100%! Spring cleaning here I come!

You would think I would be able to come with a system... and I had one that worked... that was until Jerome and I moved in together and I threw my date book out the window. Yep, I said date book - it was this paper book that you would take with you everywhere so that you would know when all your appointments were and stuff. I put my bill dates in there. But I don't have that... since that's so 2000! Thus another reason why I need a treo!

So, tonight I took all the bills that have been laying around everywhere (and I mean everywhere: kitchen, living room, office, purse!!!) and put them into folders... that are labeled of course... with a RED file for current bills. We'll see if this works... I don't know.... ugh.

And can I just tell you - I love my label maker... I not only used it today, but also yesterday... I labeled each end of all the cords that connect to the computer.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are on your way to bills not over due!! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two words: Auto Pay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rev - do you still get every freakin statement in the mail? They drive me crazy... how long do I keep them... can I toss them right away - 7 years... when why where how!

    ReplyDelete