Saturday, January 20, 2007

What did I get done so far...

It's 2 pm on Saturday. I woke up at 7 am from a bellowing cat... yes... Miss Lily was lonely and wanted to let everyone know. I did say anything hoping she would get over it and go back to bed... doesn't she know it's the weekend??? She could at least do those deep meows on a weekday... when I need to be up at 7 am... but no... she chooses the weekends!

I got up after not falling back to sleep... it was dark in the house... I went to the computer and squinted my eyes to see if my virus scan had found anything and then checked my email. I looked around at a few blogs... I even checked my bank account. At 8 am I went back to bed. I was freezing and cuddling up to Jerome is a sure was to get my feet warmed up again.

I woke up again around 9:30 am I think. I loaded the dishwasher and then washed the rest of the pots and pans and stoneware. Wiped off the counter and the stove. Looked at the table and decided I wasn't ready to shake the table cloth outside just yet.

I went downstairs and started to sort laundry. I started a load of jeans. Then I started straightening the laundry room picking up lint fuzzies and dry sheets that must have missed the garbage can. I pondered on how I'd like to have the wash and dryer built into a unit with shelving above it for laundry soap and other laundry items.

Jerome was dragging the twin bed in from the lounge (the living room that's in the basement... I came up with that since Jerome said he wanted it to have a music kind of theme as far as the artwork and such... piano lounge!). He was bringing it into the laundry/storage room. Where in the heck is he going to put that?!?!?! Ughhh. I went back to putting away some tools that had lost their way to the furnace room where all the other tools are.

I brought my clothes up that Jerome had washed a ways back. You know, I could probably go a good two months and not need to do laundry. Thus, I didn't miss the clothes that were clean sitting downstairs. Once I got upstairs I pulled all the empty hangers from my closet. And then it happened. I started pulling clothes into color, sleeve length, summer, winter, etc. I put everything in order and then started hanging up the pile of clothes from downstairs. Well that wasn't enough. I went to put away some sweat pants in the big armoire that we have. I pulled ever piece of clothing (minus my never folded drawer of underwear). Every piece. Refolded it. Tucked it back into it's proper place. Then I put away the sweats.

I ran back downstairs since before Jerome left to get his haircut he told me that the dryer had stopped. Sure enough... but the jeans were still wet. I cranked them back on and gathered the towels... here we go again. I took every towel, washcloth, bath towel, bath sheet, sheet, pillowcase out and arranged them back to their correct positions.

I thought to myself that's enough organization for today... then I noticed the bottom of the closet had tons of stuff just crammed in it. I thought I would post first and then head back to it since it will then lead me to the bottom of the sink in the main bathroom. I'll be organizing all day I think. Good thing the living room is in one piece for the most part as I picked that up the other night and I don't really touch the spare room since that's basically Jerome's closet. That just leaves the office and the totes of Christmas decorations and Garage Sale items that need to go out to the garage... by that time it will be too cold and dark for me to want to tackle the garage... or at least I hope!

2 comments:

  1. Wait until you have kids, maybe you won't have time to be soo anul! Just kidding! Our it may just get worse. I don't remember this tendency when you were younger...is it something you grew into?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea. You are right, as a kid I was a MESS! But I do recall even then everything had it's own spot...

    I remember one time when I was little I had a "barbie village" set up in the upstairs loft (my toy room). Well to my mom it must have just looked like a pile of barbies and clothes and of course her car. To me... everything was where it was suppose to be. So that day in "barbie land" there was a tornado when the vacuum cleaner came through the village.

    ReplyDelete