Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Lasagna and Brownies

So the other day I figured I would make up a batch of lasagna so we could save some money from our lunches for the cruise. But at the same time I wanted to bake brownies. So.... I made up my grocery list to find that I had most of the ingredients already. The only exceptions were a eggs for the brownies and the cheese for the lasagna.

That being said I figured I couldn't go to the store for just that! I started looking in the cupboards and noticed that our can goods were pretty low. ALDI's here I come! Oh but JT wanted Strawberry Ice Cream, cub brand of course because it has huge chunks of real strawberries, so I'll have to stop there too. Dang it. Well it shouldn't take me too long.

I yet again forgot where ALDI's is located. Now I have a note in my car on exactly where it is. I was hoping that it was open... I wasn't really sure. Well it was. And now my note for my car has the hours and location... I can't get lost again!

I bought $40 worth of groceries which ended up being 4 boxes of food. Gosh I love that! If I were to purchase this at a store it would have equaled six or seven bags of food... LOVE IT!

Then it was off to Cubs for JT's ice cream. Why did I look at the ad for this week? All I really needed was the cheese (ALDI's was the wrong flavor) and the ice cream. That's it. Here I end up with 2 turkeys, pork chops and more! But it was buy one get one free on the turkeys, and Anna said she would go 1/2 on them with me... which makes a deal of $7 for a turkey... come on... how could I not pick it up!

JT called to find out where I was... apparently me running to the store is suppose to be under twenty minuets... that never happens!

I came home slapped together the lasagna.

No comments:

Post a Comment