Friday, July 21, 2006

Dress Fitting Appointment

Thank goodness Lisa came with me. I don't think I could have handled this by myself.
Lisa met me at David's at 5pm on Thursday for my appointment. We went to alterations and got my dress. I pointed out to Lisa that the woman who just walked past us was "sweat shop worker #1" (ssw1 for the rest of this post). She laughed. Gosh I hope we don't have her.

We get my slip and undergarments on and my shoes and I crawled into the dress. We zip it and button it up. It needed to be laced up in the back but we went out so I could see myself in the mirrors as Lisa did the weaving. It fit great... with the exception of the length which I knew was going to need to be taken up. I remembered that I had my necklace with me and tried it on with the dress. I was happy... until... ughhh it's her! We have to have her...ssw1 do the fitting. Grrrrrrrrrrr!

I let Lisa do the talking... thank goodness she knows how I am. Once a grudge almost always a grudge... or at least until you build up trust again.... needless to say... this will not be built up between now and August 19. So... Lisa "interpreted" everything perfectly. Ends up that I will have it bustled in the back for the reception. I'm not sure I liked how it looked. Guess I will have to get over it huh?

When ssw1 was done pinning everything Lisa and I took some pictures...but I can't post them... sorry! We were done... now it was just time to get out of everything and pay. Well I went and took my shoes off while Lisa and ssw1 set up an appointment for us to come back to pick it up and do a last make sure it fits fitting and instruct on the bustle technique. (Linda of course you can help if you see something is done wrong!)

I walked back to where they were making the appointment to see if they needed me for anything... but it was pretty much all taken care of. SSW1 mentioned that if I bring my veil in they will steam press it for me for free. How nice... at least I get something for free! Our appointment is for the week before. I hope everything goes well.

So then Lisa and I walked back to the fitting room to get me changed. I went to take off my necklace and it broke :( Right there. No pulling no tugging... nothing. Ughhhh you got to be kidding me! Why a month before does it have to break. Why? I just got it last weekend and this is the only one that they had. WHYYYYYYY :( So now I'm pretty mad about the situation and I want out of the dress. No problems.... just got right out and put my "street" clothes back on. Everything was good.

We went to pay... but they didn't have the card number on file from when I purchased the dress with mom. We left since they said just have her call with her payment... okay fine and good. I went to my car and Lisa went to hers. I saw her drive away and I thought I should call mom back and give her the news about the payment. Well she answered the phone. So I ran back in the store and took the payment again. Done.

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
    »

    ReplyDelete