Monday, June 04, 2007

It's official... there's a Brand New Mr. & Mrs.

The wedding of 2007 happened this weekend. Congrats Rod and Lisa!


Here's my dinner toast/speech for those of you who care...
Hi Everyone!

I’m Kim, Lisa’s Matron of Honor.

I met Lisa at UW Stout in 1998. She was returning to dorm life after studying abroad in Scotland for the first half of the year.

Now normally this wouldn’t have been an issue. But, I had my own dorm room the last few weeks of the previous quarter. I spent my entire Christmas break thinking of how I could change my room around and add thing since I was sure I wouldn’t have a roommate.

Or so I thought.

Lisa had other ideas! She came right in and made herself at home in our dorm room.

Even though I was upset about it in the beginning, I’m now so glad that she was assigned to be my roommate.

The two of us have been through a lot of things…

  • Not very long ago Lisa was part of my own wedding party and I couldn’t imagine it without her there
  • Then there was the Home Hair Coloring Disaster
  • and how we have been known to be driving around and having the car die on us, not once but twice
  • We moved out of our parents homes into our first apartment together,
  • And we’ve even got tattoos together.

Being thru all of that makes me so happy to know that those are just the beginning of things that we will accomplish together, the good, the bad… and well let’s skip the ugly hair coloring experience okay?

Honestly, Lisa, I’m glad you have found someone who can make you happy.

Someone that you can build your life with and grow old with.

Someone that you can share that hair coloring experience with.

Let me wrap this up with a toast… Let’s raise our glasses….
A toast to love and laughter and happily ever after.

1 comment:

  1. Yippie! Congrats Lisa!

    Sounds like you all had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete