Tuesday, January 09, 2007

How long have you ever kept a...

pair of shoes?

I can't see myself wearing this one pair of shoes any time soon. Heck I think I've only wore them twice in my lifetime. But for some reason, I can't toss them, sell them or give them away. Perhaps because there is a story that goes along with them?

Here goes...

One year in college my friend Melba suggested that we get dressed up for Halloween. Mind you we were in college... money was not growing on trees by any means. Okay... how are we going to get a costume?

We ended up at the mall with $30 of college beer money in our pockets. Yep... beer money. We both found a pair of wings at a store and purchased them. There wasn't much to them and they were cheap.... think of a nylon around a hanger... that's about them.

Anyways we were in search of more things to go with the wings. I wasn't sure at all what I was going to do. Then I saw these shoes. I had to have them. They were fantastic. And they were purple and sparkly. oohhhhhh. I purchased them. There goes that $30 of beer money.

Now what? Well I had just enough to get a purple wig to match. Wings, wig, and sparkle shoes. What the heck... well some how I made it work. I wish I could show you a picture of what this looked like... (I just spent an hour looking for it... Melba... do you have a copy of the two of us all dolled up?). Anyways I made it work and we went out for the night.

The shoes... are still in great condition. They've got a heck of a heel on them too...

4 comments:

  1. I know for a fact that I would fall and crack my skull with those! You went drinking in those things? WOW! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup... ohhhhh beer drinking in hooker heals... I wonder how I stayed standing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes are GORGEOUS! If you ever decide to part with them, you're crazy! Admit it... purple rules!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will not admit that purple is my favorite color to you..because if you notice my site is all different shades of GREEN... (GO PACKERS BY THE WAY!!!)`

    ReplyDelete