Friday, January 12, 2007

The Holidays are gone...

It's official. The holidays are gone.

The tree came down last night. The cute little Santas and snowmen were wrapped and put in their tote. The holiday decor is all put away.

Oh wait. There is one item that is still up. I just thought about it now. My mistletoe. It's hanging from my kitchen "track lighting". I'll have to remember to get that down this weekend.

I even went thru my Christmas stuff to see if there was anything I may want to sell in the garage sale. Sure was... a whole tote full of Holiday decor - and that's only Christmas stuff!

The couch is moved to where it should be now that the tree space is available again. But the presents and day after Christmas shopping stuff is still where the tree was. Guess I'll be finding homes for that stuff this weekend as well.

I'm planning on getting the house back into order since I've been gone that past few weekends helping Lisa with dress shopping and such this weekend. Gosh I hope it doesn't go by too fast.

I picked up the bedroom a bit last night (put clothes down the laundry shoot is about it mind you!) and changed the bed sheets. I'd like to have some shelves hung and pictures this weekend. Perhaps then we will feel more "like home".

You would think... we moved in July... it's now January. Still nothing on the walls except for the mirror that my dad hung up the first time he was at the house after we moved in! The other items on the walls are just there because the previous owners left nails in the wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment