Monday, December 04, 2006

A little late... but here's my Day After Thanksgiving Post...

So Jt and I went out to Anna’s house for Thanksgiving. On our way there we picked up both newspapers to see if there were any Sales that we wanted to hit up on Black Friday. I knew from checking the Black Friday websites that Walmart was to have a big screen tv for cheap…. Knowing that Jerome has been in the market for one I let him know about it.

At Anna’s I brought the Chex Mix and Veggie tray as requested by her. We gave her the bamboo carving board from Pampered Chef that she has wanted for about a year…. She had no idea that when I gave it to her that I was actually giving it to her. Too funny.

We ate the useual…. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes… but no veggie or cranberry sauce. Not sure why.

We got a call from Lisa and Rod asking us what we were up to. They were headed over to Rod’s mom’s house for there Thanksgiving. They asked if we wanted to come… of course! We wrapped up at Anna’s and headed towards them. At 4pm we passed by Best Buy on 494 and there were already two tents set up for the sales the next morning…. 4 PM!!!!! Wow is all I could think.

We headed over to Rod’s mom’s house where everyone was dancing and having a good ol time. Jerome got caught up with Fonda’s deals… I was hoping we could have scored some other things… but weren’t able to.

Rod got a call from Q and Gina… we headed over to way North MPLS to their house. I was tired but that was fine. We car pooled. Jerome hung out with the guys… I was pretty glued to Lisa. Later in the evening we talked about the ads for Black Friday.

Jerome and I had decided that if there was no line when we got home that we may just try and get that big screen tv at Walmart… but I figured someone would already be there since there was the line at Best Buy already.

We headed home at 1:00 am. There was no line at good ol walmart so guess what we did. Yup… you got it… we got in line after making a quick stop home to change. There we were 2am standing outside of Walmart!!!! We were not the first ones there, but we the first ones to get in line. People I’m sure were pissed. But I figure… if you are there… get in line.

We were fine. It was kinda cold but got over it eventually. I would say not but 10 minuets after we got in line did a few more people show up. Whew. We chatted with the employees asking them if they were willing to give the details as to where the tv was going to be… and how many there were. They told us where… but I don’t recall if they told us how many.

Ends up two people behind us was a girl who also wanted the TV. Jerome was dancing around trying to keep warm… one guy brought out his portable dvd player so we could watch a movie which was nice… until the battery got too cold and he had to shut it off.

Well at about 4:50 the employees handed out a flyer with the “secret 8” items on it… our tv being one of them. They also handed out a layout of the store… which the first guys we talked to had explained to us previously that the tv would be near the fitting rooms. There were only two.

5:00 am the doors opened. Jerome and I rushed in… I ran down and tagged the first one… realizing that there were two we ended up grabbing both… ohhhh we had them. People were upset. But…. We had them J. There was a point when we didn’t know who was going to “give up” the spare… Jerome did… he told this very very pregnant lady that she could have it… the lady dang near had her baby right there in Walmart’s isle. She was so excited.

We had an employee help us navigate the tv up to the front of the store and he also stated he would help us load it into our vehicle. Jerome left since we drove the car to go and get the truck. While he was gone, everyone came up to congratulate me. It was so much fun! Even the prego lady said thanks again. She was completely greatful.

Jerome finally arrived and I and the stock boy rolled the tv out to the curb. They tried to fit it in the explorer in the box… that didn’t work. Then they tried to put it in with out the box… and that didn’t work either. Oh oh. Good thing we didn’t go to the other Walmart in Inver Grove Heights like Rod had suggested. Jerome and I ended up rolling the big screen tv all the way home on the dolly.

Picture it… 5:30 am…. Two people walking down American Blvd with a huge TV… the cops went passed us… just looked at us. Didn’t stop and ask us if we needed anything or if we stole it. I thought that was kinda odd. We got it into the house after walking all around Bloomington with it. JT plugged it in just to make sure all the shuffeling didn’t effect the picture. Everything checked out so we walked back to Wally World with the dolly in hand.

We picked up a 1 gig photo disk thingy for the digital camera and some surround speakers that we aren’t sure if we are going to keep or not. Then we drove back home. Jerome needed to get ready to go to work… poor guy hasn’t even slept yet! With that I kissed him goodbye and headed off to Home Depot for his table saw.

While I was there I remember that Home Depot also had a bowl mixer that I thought about picking up. I asked around and a guy helped me find it… I tossed it into the cart and headed for the checkout.

The check out guy said that I looked pretty tired. I commented to him that I just came from lugging my brand new 52” tv to my house from Walmart and that I hadn’t been to sleep yet. He scan my items and asked if I want the warrenty on the saw. Sure… why not. Sign here. Fine and good out the door I go. Oh wait… J My bill was only $40 for the mixer and the saw and a warrenty…. Oh yeah… he forgot to scan the saw. Wooo hooooo!

Jerome thought I should play the lotto. I didn’t… instead I headed off to bed after a fun filled morning.

1 comment:

  1. You ROLLED it HOME? Such a sight almost makes me wish I hadn't spent Thanksgiving weekend in sunny Phoenix. Almost. But congrats on your score!

    ReplyDelete