Thursday, September 07, 2006

Professional Proofs?

Well Jerome and I went back to Wisconsin over the Labor Day weekend. We had off on Friday and Monday so we split out time... We left Thursday night in my car to Hortonville. We met up with Mom Thursday night around our usual late arrival time and then headed off to the double decker to get some shut eye.

Mom's birthday was on Friday, (September 1st). She had her Aunts over, Irene and Dorothy and my Aunt, her sister Elaine over to play cards and go out for a Friday nite Fish Fry. I'm not sure when my mom left to get Dorothy, but when we arrived at their house in the morning for breakfast and showers they arrived shortly after we were out of the showers. They were pretty surprised to see us... and told us they thought our wedding was beautiful and how it was so nice to be at a wedding.

Jerome and I left to go to pick up our proofs. When I had spoke to them on Thursday they stated that we had a balance because their photographer over shot. I'm not sure how that became our problem... but I guess mom took care of it. We looked over the photos that were printed and supposedly the 136 "good ones" that the owner picked out of our 400 photos that were taken. From that we had to pick 100 to take with us. Then I threw the receptionist for a loop I think when I asked to see the other photos. Whoever I spoke with yesterday said we could look at the other photos on the computer. So then we looked at those. Of course we found at least another 36 from there that we liked better than the ones that were already printed. UGHHHHHHH!

So the receptionist tells us that we will not be able to "swap" out photos since these 136 are already printed... they would loose out on money, unless of course if we pay for them. I tell her.... then why don't you have it where I can choose my own proofs before you print them? DUH.

I was annoyed. How can you pick out my photos for me? Isn't that the point of proofs? You pick the ones you like the best and you then decided which ones will be the best for YOUR WEDDING BOOK? Last I thought this was my wedding... not theirs. They have no idea which photos will bring me a memory... they only know the face value of the photo. Sure I want quality photos... but I also want the shot of us in the corn with Anna. May not be "professional quality" since we are "properly posed" but I want that photo! Ugh. And if the ones we got were "professional quality" then why is there a lamp behind Lisa's head, or a huge sun glare on Trisha's face, or no picture of me with my flowergirls????

Can anything go right with our wedding? First the dress, then the flowers, then the bloody nose, then the champagne, then the dj... now this... really? Did I not plan this to the T... perhaps that is the problem! Those of you reading this who are getting married... take the road less traveled and be carefree. Don't deal with the details...they will only get screwed up!

WHEW! Now that that
"episode" of mine is over.... LOL.

So we came back home to mom's house after getting the photos and had mom and "the aunts" look them over. They commented about how there were some "different" shots taken, and how nice people looked, etc. All in all they thought they were good.

Jerome and I left after that I went to see the Trisha and Andy crew. We knocked... No one was home. We left and went to get our wonderful Cheese Curds from the Cheese Factory. YUM! We hung out there for a bit and then headed back to Trisha and Andy's place to see if they were back. On our way there we called and yep... they answered. We let them know we were in town and on our way there.

When we got there we took a look at the pics and complained and garbled at the mess we had infront of us. We also looked at the photos that were on Trisha's camera from the day.... some are soooo cute! We of course got a copy. We hung out and chatted until it was time for us to head home to see if Dad was going out for dinner to or not.

Ends up Dad was not going out to dinner because he thought we had already eaten! Oh well... Jerome and I went to The Bar for wings and beers. It was kinda nice going by there knowing that our tab would be small since we got a gift card from Trisha and Andy at our wedding. We had great eats and drinks and then couldn't decide what to do with ourselves... Off to the movies. We went to Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. Of course Jerome didn't tell me this was yet another 3 hour movie. Gosh I hate it when he does that... got me sucked in again (Stupid hobbits! :) ). So there we were... and I had no idea why the last part of the movie I was so antsy... this was before I knew it had already been two hours! I have decided that I can not sit through a three hour movie. The regular length is fine for me... even those I usually can't.... there is always something else to do with that time! Ughhhh.

Saturday we hung out in the morning trying to figure out what we were going to do... go home or stay in WI. Lisa had called and said they (her and Rod) were going to BBQ. Fantastic... we're going home. Then Pam came over and said she was going to BBQ. Shoot... where do we eat... here or there... here or there. Jerome had called Anna earlier in the day and said we would grill out at her house on Sunday... didn't say if it was for lunch or dinner... so that was going to be okay either way. We knew we had wanted to take certain items back from our registry and exchange them for something else.... we knew they would be open on Sunday... and perhaps close early on Monday for the holiday. If we stayed and left of Sunday... we wouldn't get home and want to go exchange stuff... so that would leave Monday... Ughhhh we gotta leave.

So we left for home. When we got to Woodbury I thought of the furniture store that we had wanted to stop at.... so we got off the highway and onto the side streets. While we were looking for the store since we didn't know right where it was it happened. My car DINGED! Oh shoot... I didn't even know my car had a Dinger. Where is the manual???? Glove box. Of course Jerome is driving and I'm looking in the book... what does that light mean??? Can we keep driving or do we need to pull over immediately? I read that something had gone wrong with the engine. We can drive as long as the light is not blinking. If it is a constant beam we can drive but should have it serviced soon.... if it's blinking we need to drive to the nearest place and stop. Not blinking.

We drive the rest of the way home. I called Lisa to tell her we are still planning on coming but we have to drive all the way home and flip cars because my light just came on. She stated that Rod had a gadget that could tell us what was wrong with it. Whew... no diagnostic charge! We went home, unpacked, changed clothes and headed to their house.

The next day we had Lisa and Rod over after we got back from exchanging our stuff. Rod ran the device and told Jerome what was wrong. Apparently a sensor went bad that tells you if a rod is working how it should or not.... or something to that effect. He showed Jerome where it was and said the piece could be anywhere from $50-100 bucks. Ughh... but Jerome could install it himself, or if he couldn't get it to work Rod would come back over and help him with it. YEAH :)

Jerome went out and bought the piece the next day and installed it last night. Everything works and all is good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment