Saturday, August 26, 2006

Our wedding: Extra Long Post Coming Right Up!

Okay... it's been one week since Jerome and I exchanged our vows... I would say I'm over due for posting about it... but I was extremely exhausted and have just now started to feel back up to par. So here goes.

Last week...
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (August 14-16) I attempted to work my final days at work. I was often interrupted with thoughts of the wedding. People would stop in and ask what I was doing even at work... emails were being sent to and from the bridal party confirming everything one last time... phone calls were coming in about the cake and the flowers and the photographer. Needless to say it was interesting.

Tuesday nite I packed as I was leaving to Wisconsin Wednesday after work with Anna (bridesmaid). I packed the car up with the exception of our dresses that I would keep hung since they were going to be in my car for the five hour cross state road trip.

Wednesday, August 16th
I went to work Wednesday, set my out of office assistant up and breezed out of work with a smile. I ran home and packed up the last of the items I almost forgot and gently placed the dresses in the back seat of the neon. I called Jerome and decided to meet him at the train station for one last kiss before I headed out of town. By the time I had reached the station he was already off of the train and in the car. He smiled, gave me a kiss, and told me to get on my way before traffic got any worse.

I headed off to St. Paul to pick up Anna at her job. Once I got there we tossed her bag in the back on the floor and speed off for a fill up on the gas tank before heading out of the cities. We started off and traffic actually wasn't all that bad... but I had to remind myself that it was Wednesday and not the start of the weekend for most folks.

Anna was a pretty good companion on the way home... she amazingly stayed awake... (I thought she would be a car sleeper for some reason!). Now mind you... Anna was born and raised in St. Paul, Minnesota. She has BARELY crossed the Wisconsin boarder in her life... to me, it was quite funny... so funny in fact that I had to call Jerome and tell him that Anna stopped mid-sentence when she saw her first field of horses with a "oh horseys". Teee heee :) We talked the whole way about what kinds of things we had yet to do when we reached Hortonville and what types of things that she was going to have to do since this was the first wedding that Anna had ever been in. We went over her duties... things like getting your hair done at the salon, helping me get into my dress, carrying flowers down the aisle, walking slowly down the aisle... normal bridesmaid duties... it was allllll new to her. Which lead me to more explaining and eventually that took us all the way to Hortonville. We only stopped twice.... once in Menomonie for some dinner at Arby's and then again at a gas station right when you turn off of 29 onto 45 where I had Anna try her first real Wisconsin Cheese Curd that squeaked when she chewed.

When we finally got to Hortonville we went into the double decker house that my parents are trying to lease out or better yet sell. We hung up our dresses and brought in our suitcases. As we were hanging our dresses up in comes my Mom, my sister Tammy and her daughters Alyssa (my special assistant) and Anna (one of my two flowergirls). They came in to see how our drive was and Tammy wanted to see my dress. They helped us bring in all the other wedding stuff that was packed in the trunk of my car.

After that we all headed to the house where my Mom and Dad are living and had strawberry slushies to chat. YUM :) After about two glasses of slush it was time for bed. Anna and I walked back to the double decker house.

Anna went up to bed and I too jumped into bed. The only problem was that I could not fall asleep. I got up and went down stairs and sorted out all the wedding stuff that had been in my trunk into piles of rehearsal dinner items, ceremony items, grand march items, reception items, kids table items. I then headed back upstairs being that there was nothing more that I could do. I then sorted my clothes into outfits for each day. Now there really was nothing more I could do. I tossed and turned and the last time I looked at the clock it was 4:30 a.m. UGHHHHH all I wanted to do was to go to sleep!

Thursday, August 17th

I woke up Thursday morning from my cell phone ringing at 8:00 a.m. Mind you I had been maybe sleeping all of 4 hours. It was my flower lady. I had set up an appointment with her for Thursday at one in the afternoon. What the heck is she doing calling me at 8:00 in the morning???? Of course she's calling me since she thinks our appointment is at 9 a.m. and wants to see if she can push it back a little bit. I tell her, "ummm Julie... our appointment was set for 1p.m. today and I need to pick up the candy for the candy buffet yet...". She says something like oh... let me see... ummmm yeah... I guess I'll see you at one then. DUHHHHH! I was sooo mad I could have spit fire. She woke me up for no good reason!

I got up since there was no way I was going to be able to go back to sleep and jump in the shower. I get out and hear Anna waking up and tell her if she jumps in the shower now we can head down to my Mom's house for breakfast and hang out down there this morning before we head into Appleton to shop for the last few items that I need for the wedding.

We head down to mom's for breakfast and end up working on the trellis... which I knew we would work on it... but I figured it would be Thursday afternoon after I got back from meeting with Julie about the flowers. It was fine.... Tammy actually made it look the best while we were gone... or at least that's who I have a picture of working on it... not sure if she had any help or not. It turned out great.

Anna and I headed to Appleton. We went to Target to pick up the last few things I needed plus some sleeping pills for me because I didn't want to have another nite like Wednesday nite. I left Anna in Target since she wanted to shop for some clothes for herself. As she was trying on some outfits I went and got our rings cleaned at a jeweler down the way. I asked them about which direction the food court was because I hadn't been in the mall for a few years and everything looks totally different to me. The lady pointed in a direction and I headed back to get Anna.

We checked out at Target and headed to the food court since I had to order Jerome's cookie for his "groom's cake". You know when he found out we were going to do the candy buffet he kept asking for cookies to be part of it.... I kept telling him nah... we don't need those... we've got cake. Little did he know I had planned for his groom's cake to be a cookie instead! I had them put congrats Kim and Jerome on the cookie with a 4x4 truck with wedding bells off the back end. While we were waiting for them to decorate the cookie Anna and I had lunch in the food court. I dined on some FABULOUS Rocky rococo Pizza... yummmy ;) and Anna had some sort of Asian inspired dish.

Once we were done with lunch we picked up the cookie and then headed to Sam's Club. We picked up Pam's photos and then headed to the candy aisle. We tallied up the amounts so I knew exactly how much I had and then headed to the alcohol department to pick up drinks for our limo bus ride for photos on Saturday. We ran through the checkout and headed to Julie's for our 1:00 meeting.

I guess I miss judged how close Julie was to Sam's Club. I called her and asked if I could come a 1/2 hour early if she wasn't busy since we were finished in Appleton. She said no problem and we headed her way. Anna made a comment about how professional I was on the phone... (this will come into play later... TRUST ME!)

We arrived at Julie's. Anna helped me bring in the candy and the cookie and Julie had us sit down at the "office" table... mind you this should be her dining room table in her great room (entry, kitchen and living room combo). We cleared a space and I pulled out my binder. Julie and I went over everything that we needed for Saturday when I remembered that we had the purple cloth tablecloths in the trunk that we forgot to bring in. I had Anna run out and get them and Julie and I continued to discuss Saturday. I told her that I and my mom would be at Crystal Falls around 7 am Saturday morning because I had to set up the cake and the trellis and bring in all the other items that morning. She asked if she could come at that time and would the table be set up for her. I told her that everything should be set up by the time we get there as far as the tables and that they would be setting up just the chairs as far as I knew while we were there.

Julie and I also discussed the amount due. Now first when I saw the amount my yaw dropped a bit. I questioned her as to why the amount was what it was... we went through and I noticed that the sheet that I had of our document had the edge slightly missing... which made the difference of a 1 being in the front of certain numbers and on my sheet there not being a 1. This made the difference. Then there were the additional things that we had discussed that Julie was going to do... at a cost of course. There was the head table, candy table and gift/cake table that we wanted to have tulle and lighting and then the head table was also going to have an artificial wreath with Jerome and Kim in foil letters on ribbons. On my sheet there was a $50-100 wreath price listed. I know when my mom brought her the payment that I had her print out a letter telling Julie that I wanted a $50-$75 wreath. I DID NOT WANT TO PAY $100 for a wreath. I just couldn't justify it... sure it was going to be around for a long time...but $100 no way. We discussed and she told me she had the flowers already ordered... well... then make me a $75 wreath. Don't put as many in. Cancel some flowers... Use them in a different one. I'm not paying $100 for an artificial flower wreath! She said okay to the $75 but wasn't pleased. Anna and I got up to headed home.

As we got up I noticed that when Anna had ran out to get the table clothes she placed them on our pile of candy and other items. OH NO THE COOKIE! She placed the table cloths on top of the box that was protecting the cookie. Shoot. The weight of the table cloths caved the box and the frosting of Jerome's name had clung to the top of the box. Not good. Julie stated that I shouldn't worry that she would fix it with some chocolate that she had. She wrote Jerome's name on the front of the box so that she was sure to spell it correctly. (This is an important fact to remember for wedding day... keep reading!) I left it in her hopefully capable hands to fix. Anna apologized and I told her... you are wearing makeup now for sure!

Ahhh but we had to make a quick stop... Trisha's house is right near Julie's and I figured why should I cart around this alcohol just to bring it back to Trisha's since we were using their coolers for Saturday. I called Trisha and she told me that Andy was home... just to drop off the drink in the garage... well I did just that... I dropped and broke two or three bottles that were in the closed box... UGHHHH. So I walked in and told Andy he may want to wash down his driveway so the bees don't attack everyone as they get out of their vehicles. We checked out their new fenced in yard and met the cutest puppy I've seen a quite awhile Otto their new boxer. And then we headed home.

I had made plans to go out to dinner with Anna, Andy, Trisha, and Trisha's brother Dave for wings Thursday night before I left out of Minnesota. Anna and I met Trisha and Andy at her parents house and car pooled over to The Bar to meet Dave and Dave's buddy for wings and beer. We all had a pretty good time I think... I know I did. The beers were 2 for 1 and they kept coming. The wings were great as usual and the company... well the company was the best I've had in a long time. I found out though that Dave wasn't going to able to be at the wedding on Saturday because of that darn Harley raffle that was going on... to think I lost him and about three family members (cousins) to a bike raffle... JEEEESH! :)

Friday, August 18th (Happy Birthday Bridesmaid Lisa!)

Friday morning I called Jerome when I woke up to find out where he was. He had told me that he planned to leave at 5 am on Friday and that the girls should be with him when I talked to him the night before. He was around Wausau and would be in Hortonville in about two hours. He had plenty of things to do Friday... his parents, sister and niece were going to be getting into town, he had to pick up the guy's tux shop stuff, he had to pick up his Aunt, brother and sister-in-law at the airport in Appleton and then had to get Roy from the bus station. Nevermind our Rehearsal Dinner was that night.

I got up and told Anna that we shouldn't miss breakfast today since I figured Dad would be cooking a spread. I jumped in the shower and then got ready for the day. We headed over to Mom and Dad's when Anna was ready and sure enough... Dad was cooking... eggs, bacon, waffles, toast, juice, coffee. By the time we were done eating and cleaning up in walked Jerome and the girls... and Dad started all over making everyone's orders.

We all hung out for a bit when we decided to head to Walmart and C&B Rental for the runner. Anna picked up some clothes for the boys... the girls got some stuff the forgot to bring and Jerome just drove us around! We headed back home. I forget what we did between going to Walmart and getting ready for the Rehearsal... hummmm perhaps someone can remind me and I'll repost this part of the message!?!?!?!

I know I called Don to make sure he was coming since I didn't get any sort of a response from the emails that I had sent out from him and sure enough he and Kim and their new baby were coming. I know Jerome and girls went to the hotel and were picking up people from the airport and bus station and the tux shop. I took another shower and got ready for the dinner. As I was getting my final things together my mom came in the double decker house saying it's time to go it's time to go.... I said... Mom... they will wait for me... I'm the bride :) Teee heeee :)

We got to the AmericInn where we were going to be using the conference room for the rehearsal dinner. The problem was that no one was there... Jerome wasn't, his parents, his sister, the caterer... no one! I talked to the lady at the front desk. She told me that they were going to be right back something about the caterer. Oh oh.

Yep... our caterer was running late and lost. Everyone was there that was suppose to be there EXCEPT for the caterer. Now... this wouldn't be such a big deal... but she's a caterer from Appleton and didn't even know where New London was. Hello... have you heard of a map or the internet ever? Or perhaps calling the hotel and asking them for directions? Or anyone? Boy oh boy.

So while we waited for the food to come we did our breif ceremony rehearsal in the conference room. We weren't able to get into Crystal Falls because they had a class reunion going on in the building that night. So we made due. We had everyone line up where they had to be... we practiced walking in and out... we tried to get the flowergirls to toss their "air flowers"... but one... my poor little Anna was too shy to even practice. But we tried. Still no food. Okay... someone call her and find out how far away she is... Appleton... even the furthest part of Appleton is all of 45 minutes away.... she should be here by now... we have hungry little kids. I asked Jerome... should we give out our presents? Sure...

We passed out the gifts to our parents, our groomsmen, bridesmaids and flowergirls. Everyone opened everything and was content...with the exception of their tummy which was starting to gurgle. We dispersed and waited longer for the caterer.... I found out that Andy had ran to get batteries for their gift... I laughed and stated... "you guys... you know who stuffed the bags... there are batteries in your bag!"... the guys ran to get their bags and by the time Andy was back Don had his flask working already... TOO FUNNY!

Well... she finally showed up. She looked very upset... and well... I had to say I was too... I over heard her ask who the bride was and saw that I had been pointed out... Needless to say she stayed clear of me... I wonder why?!?!?!? LOL. We grubbed once the food was out. They wanted us to wait for the food to be reheated by those little burning candle things... and no one wanted to wait... I figured the 2nd plate can be warm... I just need a bun or something! It was so quiet in that room once the food was there... everyone was eating. It was odd... memorable.



We posed for a few pics and I took some candids. Once we had our fill the families went home and tucked their tired kids in bed since they had a big day the next day... wedding day! Not us.... myself, Jerome, Anna, Roy, Birthday Girl Lisa, Lisa's hubby to be Rod, Jerome's Aunt Janice, brother June and sister Jacqueline went out to Park Central. Oh my goodness... we danced and drank and had I would say a pretty darn good time. For a $6 glass we were able to drink all nite... and no cover charge. Needless to say I was happy. I saw the clock turn to midnight.... oops... Jerome and I were suppose to separate... I know he looked at his watch... but we stayed together. He and I danced all nite long. At one point I do believe his brother and cousin picked Jerome up off the floor not because he had stumbled...but because he was dancing a bit too ummm well... he was dancing. :)

It came to be after one a.m. I reminded myself that I had a hair appointment with the girls at 9:30 a.m. and that at 7 a.m. I had to be at the bakery picking up my cake and heading to Crystal Falls to set up the trellis and get the flowers and set up everything else... needless to say... I had to go home. Anna and Lisa were going to car pool with me. June was driving Jerome's aunt and sister back to the hotel and the boys... Jerome, Roy, and Rod were going to do what ever it is that they do... (I don't think I want to know). I was ready. My car pool was ready. June was ready. June needed to follow me back to New London because he didn't know his way after just getting into Appleton a few short hours earlier. UGHHHHH LET'S GO. Finally everyone was in the cars and we were driving. I dropped Lisa off at her hotel in New London. June drove to his hotel. I drove myself and Anna back to Hortonville and jumped into bed after setting my alarm. The last time I looked at the clock it was 2:30 a.m. I had to be up in 4 hours. Why did I do this to myself!

Saturday, August 19th: Wedding Day

I woke up and instantly said... "it's my wedding day". I stretched and noticed that I felt rested. I was content. I turned over... Looked at the clock and it stated I had another 15 minutes before my alarm was going to go off. I thought I would just lay there... perhaps drift back into a short sleep. Not so much the case. My phone rang. WHO IN THE HECK CALLS A BRIDE AT 6:30 A.M. ON HER WEDDING DAY? A lunatic of course. It's my flower lady Julie. She called to ask me what my fiance's name was. Are you serious? YOU WROTE IT ON THE COOKIE DIDN'T YOU? Julie responded with an "oh you're right... I'm sorry!".

We hang up and Anna yells to me from her room... "you up?" I go storming into her room and tell her what just happened on the phone... all she could do was shake her head. Please tell me that the phone call will be the worst part of my day and everything will be better from here on out. I get dressed and drive down to my mom's house and tell Anna to get some rest and be ready for breakfast around 9 at my mom's and that our appointment for hair is at 9:30.

I get to my mom's. Dad is driving the truck to the hall with the trellis carefully tucked in the back of the truck in a fitted sheet. I wish I took a picture of this... It worked out well! Mom was going to drive with me in the Explorer to get the cake and show me how to get from the park where we were suppose to shoot pictures after the wedding to the hall since there is construction cutting off downtown New London from where the hotels and hall are. We head off to get the cake and I tell mom about Julie's wake up call.

As we are driving to get the cake my phone rings again. It's Julie. Again. She wanted to make sure that we were in Crystal Falls in New London and not Crystal Falls in some place I had never heard of. Is she serious. Look on your sheet. It says New London at the top. DUH again!

We get to the cake... I see it... it's the shape that it's suppose to be...but the flowers are nothing like we had discussed. They had a picture of the cake that I wanted. They had a sample of the dark purple... they were suppose to make the flowers on the cake roses... okay... that's fine... I thought they would be more hanging down the side of the cake...these were just going to be fine... I kept telling myself... it's just frosting. But the kicker was that the color of the flowers. IT wasn't purple. It was NAVY or DARK BLUE. UGhhhhh. I don't say anything. But my mom knew what I was seeing. I smiled and went to get the truck so we could load the cake in the back. Mom paid for the cake while Dad and I loaded the cake with the cake lady. Dad got in the truck and mom came out and sat in the back seat to watch the cake. We drove to Crystal Falls as I complained about the color to get it out of my system. Ughhh. (Now I've watched Bridezilla.... I was under control... but jeeeze.)

Okay... we made it to Crystal Falls. Dad brings in the cake. In walks Julie with a guy and they start bring in candy and glass dishes and the flowers. I hadn't noticed because I was setting up the trellis. I went to set up the guest book and pen and saw the flowers. THESE CAN NOT BE MY FLOWERS CAN THEY? Yup... all in a box... the bridesmaids flowers were what we had discussed... white roses in a ball... there were these nice beading things sprouting up from them that were purple that added a nice touch... and there were the guys white corsages.... but then there were PINK flowers... that were suppose to be mine... and a PINK corsage for Jerome and a little PINK flowers in other ones for the mom and dads and grandmas. Now I know... I know I ordered PURPLE flowers. And then... there was my wreath for the head table that I was going to keep and hang on our door at our house... that was SUPPOSE to be ARTIFICIAL. It was REAL.... and it was PINK. I went up to my mom and told her to go look at the flowers.

I was 1/2 okay with the PINK flowers... hoping that it was just because there were no lights on. But that wreath we just talked about on Thursday. And it's real. What am I going to do with it. I can't put it on our door... it's not going to be sturdy with dried flowers. And then... ohhhh... there were the foil ribbons. Not so foil. Instead when Julie had called me earlier to ask me my fiance's name she must have been sitting at her computer PRINTING up our names on her computer to which she STAPLED (not even glued... STAPLED) a white piece of paper with our name onto each ribbon. WAS SHE SERIOUS? I can not have those go up. (so a bit of Bridezilla showed...but come on!)

My mom and Julie got to chatting about the price since my mom was writing out the check. We weren't going to pay for the wreath. If she wanted to take it she could...but we were not going to pay for it. Julie had a bit of a fit saying we never talked about finalizing anything. Ummmm did you pick up the phone and call either of us? No... I went and got my sheet out so we could discuss the wreath and the ribbons and the cost.

I got to the point where I just wanted to leave since everything wasn't up to par. I figured Julie may feel the need to take the flowers... I don't know why... but at the same point I need the girls flowers for photos at the double decker house... and Jerome would need all the boots for the guys at the hotel. So... I put them in the truck. I told mom that we needed to leave because my hair appointment was coming up and I needed to get in the shower. So, we left Julie there to set up the candy buffet and tulle the cake/gift/headtable/candy table.

I told mom once we were in the car that I took the flowers and that we needed to drop off the boots at the hotel. We drove to the hotel... I debated on who I should wake up at 7:30 a.m. I tried Jerome's parents room first since I knew they had a big full size fridge in their room to put the flowers in. No answer. Then I had the receptionist call Jerome's room. He answered... she told him to wait a few minutes before he came to pick them up because I was in the lobby dropping them off. Whew... that was taken care of. Off to home we go.

Anna called and asked where we were, I told her to jump in the shower that we were on our way. When we got there I took the flowers and placed them in the fridge at the double decker house and headed to the shower. I put on Jerome's button down shirt and Anna and I headed to the salon.

When we got there Katie, my stylist, was finishing up another bride and one of the other stylists was finishing up her flowergirl. The third stylist started to work on Anna. I sat down in a chair and tried to catch a few minutes of sleep. Once Katie finished up I headed into her side room and proceeded to tell her about the previous nite on the town and what the day held for us. We ranted about the flower lady and the cake... and I told her I didn't want to talk bad about her and that she best do my hair up right :) Which of course, she did... and I'm happy to say there were not 86 bobby pins in my head this time around... there were a mere 5 rubber bands and 36 pins. Whew!

Lisa called to say she was on her way... running a bit late... but not too bad. Now mind you she was coming from New London with her mom. Her mom was going to take the Jeep back so that she and Rod would be able to have transportation for the day. When I got off the phone in walked Trisha a few minutes later. I was surprised she made it before Lisa... but didn't worry about it. They started on Trisha's head as Anna was wrapping up and in walked Lisa... batter up! At some point my mom came in for her appointment too.

I was getting hungry since I had all of three bites of a chocolate muffin that morning between my trip to Crystal Falls and my shower. When Katie finished with my hair I decided that I was going to run to the grocery store next door... Veil and all. Anna came with and we picked up some last minuet things for the limo ride and some snacks. I dined on Funyuns and Tab soda... what a combo!

When my mom wrapped up her do she headed home to get our brunch/lunch ready. The rest of us waited until everyone was done so we could pile into the Explorer and head to moms. When we got there we ate and ate and ate. I was soooooooo hungry. When we were finished we went down to the double decker house to get ready.

Anna, Lisa, Trisha and I were down at the double decker... first we got me into my dress and put my shoes on. Now mind you I had toe issues since Jerome stepped on the only toe he shouldn't have the nite before at the club. We put two or three bandaids on it and called it good. Then I had a cool down period where I just had to hang out in my dress while the other girls were getting dressed. I taught the girls the deodorant trick... (this could be graphic for some of you...but I feel the need to share since it was such a hit with the girls... What you do is if you get "chub rub" from your thighs rubbing together you take your stick of deodorant and slap on some pit stick where you usually have this problem. This helps... if you don't believe me try it... I had no Chub Rub on my wedding day and I was in a dress from noon to past midnight with no nylons!)

Once everyone had their dresses on and jewelry on it was time for makeup. But the door bell rang. It was our photographer who was early. No problem... she had things she wanted to set up and get ready... take a look at the property to find the best places to take photos. Okay... fine and good... back to makeup.

I took a bath towel and stuck it basically in the top of my dress to be sure not to get any bare essentials powder on my dress and placed another one on my lap since I was sitting on a stool. Now this was a great idea if I do say so myself... even better idea once I got a bloody nose. Now most of you know I prone to nose bleeds...but usually only when the air is dry. The photographer said 3/4 of her brides gets a nose bleed and that it's due to nerves. I didn't think I was nervous. Honestly. So she suggested that I put an ice pack on my neck and pinch my nose... oh what a beautiful photo!



I decided once the bleeding stopped that I needed to call Jerome. Who then proceeded to make me cry because he had received his groom's gift from Andy, an MP3 player. Which me crying made my mom cry... thank goodness the other girls didn't start bawling! Once that was all cleared up we started to take pictures... family, flowergirls, bridesmaids and me. I can't wait to see them!



We took photos inside in the living room, on the stairway, outside in the back yard. I took some photos in the front yard by myself. I gotta say my photographer really paid attention to me being in the heat. She asked for some water for me... dabbed my beads of sweat away before taking a photo. I hope they look great.

Then it was time for her to go take Jerome and his family and groomsmen photos. Off she went... I didn't get a photo of my with the flowergirls... Dang it! Perhaps I can photoshop us in! :) (ooops... I shouldn't have said that yet!)

We hung out for a bit and then headed to Crystal Falls. We made sure that Jerome wasn't around as I approached Crystal Falls. Marlin and Alysa were there to greet me. I was so happy they made it! I was escorted into the other room where there was going to be another weddings reception later on that nite...but that's where I hid until the ceremony. We did any last minuet adjustments in the bathroom and last makeup checks.

June, Jerome's brother walked in. He had my gift. Now anyone reading this... if you are going to give your bride something on your wedding day DO NOT wait until the ceremony is suppose to begin to give it to her! I opened it... Photoshop... YEAH :) Then I attempted to read the card... this is why you should not give your soon to be wife a gift just before she walks down the aisle. I read the first two lines of the card and had to give it away because I started to cry. JERK :) June said he got the expression that he wanted, told me I looked beautiful and left to report back to Jerome my reactions.



Then it was time.

Now I don't have any idea as to what the room looks like... since I was taken right to the other room. I don't know what the flower lady ended up doing. I don't know how many people are in the room. I don't know anything. They start the music. The girls are lined up. I try to peek around the corner and am told to "stay back" by someone, maybe Tammy? All the girls have gone down and now it's time for the flower girls. Mind you... I'm in the entrance of the hall... then there is the bar and then there is the room where everyone is. I can see nothing! In walks Josh, my co-worker the one who designed my invites, programs and more with his wife Molly. Of all the people who could have walked in, I was so glad it was them. I was so happy that it wasn't someone who would have just walked passed or that would have just said oh my I'm late type of thing. We could hear someone crying... ends up that was one of my flowergirls Anna who got a bit to shy for her own good and didn't make it down the aisle. Josh and Molly hung out with me until my Dad escorted them to some seats inside.

Then my music started. My Dad came and got me. He made sure that I walked around the edge of the runner so that it wouldn't catch on my dress. I don't really remember walking down the aisle. I know everyone stood up when I entered the room. I just remember standing at the front FOREVER while the music finished.

The ceremony was exactly what we wanted. Thanks Rev! The only problem was the music again... our exiting music didn't start so Jerome and I left to no music... which... was fine. Who cares! We escorted everyone out since we didn't want the traditional receiving line. It was nice since then we actually were able to chat with everyone at least for a bit that day. Then it was time for photos.

We did the insert groom and bride photos into each others families - me with Jerome's family and he with mine. A few other quick shots and then it was off to the park in our limo bus... oh not so quick though.... we had rice tossed at us... thanks Mom or at least that's who I was told to thank.... I was pulling rice out of my dress and both my hair and Jerome's and then ended up finding more rice once I did take my dress off at the end of the nite! UGhhhh Minuet rice anyone?

We headed out to the park and quenched our thirst on those tasty drinks that we picked up from Sam's Club on Thursday. Tammy used the camcorder to get footage of all of us together... she and Pam came along with the flowergirls and of course the Special Assistant turned flowergirl along with the rest of the bridal party: Trisha, Roy, Lisa, Andy, Anna, Don, Jerome and myself. It was quite fun...



Jerome and I were in most if not all of the pictures so I hope our wedding party got hammered. Don did keep us hydrated though... Thanks Don :) All in all it was fun... too bad our flowergirls needed a nap or dinner or something... they didn't want to be in any photos. Oh well... I'll try out the photoshop and see what I can come up with!

Allie and the guys had fun skipping stones on the river and then we ended up also going to some cemetery that had a gazebo in it away from the actual headstone cemetery part of it. It reminded me of the Sound of Music... I am sixteen going on seventeen... I wanted to jump but there were posts in the way to prevent me from doing that and making a fool of myself as I rip my dress etc. I found out later that Andy and perhaps another groomsmen went to water the trees while we were in the gazebo.

Time was up... we had to head back to Crystal Falls for dinner. We jumped back in the bus. We laughed, sang and kissed the whole way back. Once we got back we had dinner... Dad gave a speech along with Trisha and Roy... Jerome's mom and aunt Janice gave speeches too... was there anyone else??? Sorry if you did and I'm forgetting you!

Then Jerome and I had a few last shots to get with the photographer. We went outside and took a few shots in front of Crystal Falls... then I went in the corn field... Oh I can't wait for that one! Then Jerome got all sentimental and ran to get Anna for a pic with her since she's the one who introduced us to each other.... I remember him saying something like with out her none of this would have happened. What a guy.

We danced all nite along... Father/Daughter dance, Son/Mother Dance... the garter toss (way to go Rod... you had a 1:3 chance to get it!) and the bouquet toss (Jerome's daughter JST caught that!) and of course the Grand March. I gotta say... I think we had the best song and the best people... at one point my Cousin Don jumped up on Jerome and was dancing with him. Memories were made... thanks everyone!

1 comment: