Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Going over to Mom's on Sunday morning...

After post number 1 I figure this would be part 2....

We took a shower and got everything packed into the truck for leaving. We drove over to Mom and Dad's house in the Explorer and I told Jerome let's not tell them... let's just see if they notice the ring! He agreed. We walked in and everyone said good morning yadda yadda yadda. Allie was pulling on my arm wanting me to play with her still calling me The Popcorn Lady.

I took off my coat which had been concealing my hand the whole time. Nothing... Tammy asked me if I had the $50 that was in my present from mom... I looked at her like she was kidding. She was serious... she told me to call Pam to see if she had her's since we all got the same thing and Tammy didn't think she had hers either.... I put my cell phone right in Tammy's face of course in the hand that had the ring on it... NOTHING!!! I was thinking gosh these people are no observant!

We decided to go over to Pam's to look through all the wrapping paper while Tammy ran to the other house to see if her's was there. Jerome and I left first, mom and Allie and Anna weren't too far behind. As we were walking over I told Jerome, "Look, I bet Pam notices as soon as we walk through the door." Still not the case! I was thinking maybe everyone needed their eyes checked.

As we were going through all the wrapping paper Tammy did manage to find my money, her's was at the other house. Then we all kinda sat back and hung out. Jerome was sitting on the ottoman from Pam's new furniture. I sat between him like he was a big chair with my arms on his knees. All of the sudden Tammy yelped, "What's on your finger??!?!!?!?" I said it took you guys long enough! Mom's jaw dropped to the floor. Tammy covered her mouth with her shirts and then came the hen house... You can have your wedding here in Hortonville, you could have it on a beach, are you going to Vegas, Mississippi? When, where? Don't have it the end of September. Oh my goodness what did we just do!?!?!?!

It was pretty funny actually. Then we decided to go over and let Dad in on the news and start making lunch.... He came in as I was getting our extra brews out of the cooler to keep at Mom's... so I went to Dad and said something like, "here, have a beer" with my ring finger on the top of the can of beer. He didn't notice and said he didn't want one... and I said, no.... have a beer. And he realized... walked over to the uncorked wine and poured a glass and congratulated us.

Jerome was watching tv and looked out the window and asked if that was Trisha Montalbano in the back yard of her parents house... of course it was! I called her and as she answered I said, guess what... she knew right away and told her husband Andy. The plan was that we would eat lunch and then go over to her parents house... well she couldn't wait... lol!! Andy, Trisha and their kids came over for a bit to congratulate us and admire the gems... Oh oh the gems... see below for the jewls :)

No comments:

Post a Comment